When it opened in 1997, the Frank Gehry–designed Guggenheim Museum Bilbao was hailed as the most important building of its time. In this video, we interview Petra Joos, Artistic Director, who talks with us about the enormous impact the museum has had on the city and what it is like to work in such an imposing building.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER
- The Carl & Marilynn Thoma Foundation Added a New Work to its Collection
- Géraldine Breuil Has Just Been Named Deputy Director of Lafayette Anticipations
- Guadalupe Maravilla is the 2021 Recipient of Henie Onstad’s Lise Wilhelmsen Art Award
- Terra Foundation for American Art: Terra Foundation Collection Fellow
- Terra Foundation for American Art: Grants Associate