Glenstone Museum: Talent Acquisition Manager/Recruiter
An Introduction to Glenstone Museum
Founded with the mission to seamlessly integrate art, architecture, and landscape, Glenstone is an art museum located on nearly 300 acres of rolling hills and unspoiled woodland in Potomac, Maryland. The museum, opened in 2006 and expanded in 2018, offers nearly 60,000 square feet of exhibition space to showcase its collection of more than 1300 works by 200 contemporary artists. Glenstone welcomes the public four days a week and admission is always free.
Glenstone is proud to foster a professional environment in which people can do stimulating and fulfilling work. To work at Glenstone is to be a part of something bigger, something more meaningful, and something truly special. It is a chance to do a job to the highest standard, with the resources and support available of an endowed organization. It is an invitation to be engaged, challenged and stimulated, to help fulfill a powerful mission, and to contribute to a noble purpose.
We are incredibly proud of what Glenstone offers to those who create, appreciate, study, and otherwise participate in the world of art; and we are equally proud of what Glenstone offers to those who choose to join us in doing so.
The Recruiter position is a new position to our three person HR department. The Recruiter will work to source, interview, and onboard diverse and highly-skilled candidates for all departments. The position will provide additional support to our Visitor Experience department to staff the Emerging Professionals Program, a program that rotates 10-15 professionals each year. The Recruiter must be comfortable developing hiring timelines and retention strategies and thrive on developing meaningful relationships with our candidate pool and hiring managers.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for candidates, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Work closely with the Visitor Experience team each December through April to recruit 10-15 professionals for the Emerging Professionals Program.
- A proven track record of successfully sourcing hard-to-find candidates.
- Understanding and commitment to Glenstone’s culture and values to develop talent, recruitment, and retention strategies.
- Knowledge of recruiting and selection skills (with focus on diversity), best practices, and strong strategic hiring skills/experience.
- Manage the applicant tracking system and ensure that recruiting efforts and files are accurate and current.
- Participate in the on-boarding process for new employees and present human resources and benefits information to new associates.
- Maintain and administer the associate referral program.
- Established proficiency to coach and influence hiring managers throughout recruitment process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or another related field.
- 2-5 years of recruiting work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills, initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent customer support skills.
- Extreme attention to detail, with the ability to independently and proactively plan work tasks in advance.
- Knowledge and proficiency in using the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to be both self-directed and collaborative, as appropriate to the task or project.
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification.
Salary and Benefits
Glenstone offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and provides a total benefits package that helps you manage your health, protect your income, and prepare for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; life, long-term and short-term disability and AD&D insurance, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a 401(k) retirement account with a matching contribution, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and tuition reimbursement.