Glenstone Museum: Administrative Coordinator
The Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support and ongoing operational support for the Director of Visitor Experience, the visitor experience team including its managers and guides, and other departments as assigned. The position provides broad administrative support and operational support of the visitor experience.
Desired Attributes & Characteristics
Supporting the Visitor Experience and Curatorial teams will provide opportunities to go above and beyond to ensure the daily successful execution of Glenstone’s mission. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively, use their strong organizational skills, have a strong desire to collaborate, and show patience in supporting different teams. The ability to simultaneously understand the broader functions of the visitor experience and curatorial teams while attending to administrative details is essential for this position. Additional attributes include:
- Time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, remain focused, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Flexibility, a collaborative attitude, and a sense of humor will be crucial to adapt to schedule and organizational changes, and unforeseeable circumstances that arise.
- Passion for Glenstone’s mission and ability to learn and implement standards related to the mission; adaptability to Glenstone’s core values.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, other staff associates and external professionals, both as an individual and a team member.
- Possess a positive spirit of service.
- Answer and direct incoming museum main line calls.
- Answer and distribute in a timely manner to appropriate departments/individuals inquires from the Info and Visit email accounts.
- Manage all group scheduling and Café reservations accordance with Glenstone’s group protocols.
- Assist in updating Visitor Experience content on GNet.
- Assist with the review and distribution of communications—both departmental and organization-wide—to the guide team.
- Review and prepare monthly visitor surveys.
- Be responsible for and work collaboratively with IT to maintain CRM.
- Mailing list management, to include exhibition announcements, mailing, and tracking, as well as ongoing maintenance of the museum-wide rolodex.
- Track attendance and coaching’s (verbal, written, etc.) of the visitor experience team when notified by its leaders.
- Assist in special event and programming production, execution and vendor coordination.
- Assist visitors and the guide team on the floor on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate departmental and all-staff meetings through Outlook, prepare minutes, and manage food service when applicable.
- Schedule and orchestrate travel for vendors and guests.
- Provide administrative support for departmental activities as needed spending 60% of time supporting Visitor Experience and 40% of time supporting administration, collections, communications and curatorial.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Desire to learn and become proficient in software specific to the role including customer relationship management (CRM), ticketing (Ticketure), reporting (Power BI), and visitor surveys (SurveyMonkey).
- Experience interacting with the public.
- Exceptional social and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Desire to learn organizational and museum best practices including those unique to Glenstone.
- Adaptability to Glenstone’s core values and Visitor Experience guidelines.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Reliability – ability to report to work as scheduled.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, weekdays, and nights as scheduled in advance.
- Demonstrated success in previous professional work environments.
- Prior experience working in the field of art and culture.
- Public speaking experience.
- Knowledgeable in the use of design software (i.e. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop).
To apply, visit: https://www.glenstone.org/about/careers/