Glenstone Museum: Accounts Payable Coordinator
An Introduction to Glenstone Museum
Founded with the mission to seamlessly integrate art, architecture, and landscape in a serene and contemplative environment, Glenstone is an art museum located on nearly 300 acres of rolling hills and unspoiled woodland in Potomac, Maryland. The museum, opened in 2006 and expanded in 2018, offers nearly 60,000 square feet of exhibition space to showcase its collection of more than 1,300 works by more than 200 contemporary artists. Glenstone welcomes the public four days a week and admission is always free.
Glenstone is proud to foster a professional environment in which people can do stimulating and fulfilling work. To work at Glenstone is to be a part of something bigger, something more meaningful, and something truly special. It is a chance to do a job to the highest standard, with the support required to assure excellence. It is an invitation to be engaged, challenged and stimulated, to help fulfill a powerful mission, and to contribute to a noble purpose.
We are incredibly proud of what Glenstone offers to those who create, appreciate, study, and otherwise participate in the world of art, architecture and landscape; and we are equally proud of what Glenstone offers to those who choose to join us in doing so.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is an important part of the Finance department in serving the Glenstone team. The role is primarily responsible for processing invoices, issuing checks, and serving as the first point-of-contact for associates and vendors related to expense processing.
Desired Attributes & Characteristics
The ideal candidate will possess at least three years of experience in accounts payable with a proven track record of professional growth. The candidate should be comfortable working with all members of the organization and commit to timely, thoughtful, and accurate responses.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the accounts payable workflow system, Nexonia, as well as the accounts payable module in the accounting system, Intacct.
- Enter invoices in the accounts payable workflow system for department manager’s review and approval.
- Process checks, organize for signature(s), and mail checks after signatures are obtained.
- First point-of-contact for Glenstone associates and vendors related to vendor payments.
- Maintain all accounts payable files, including W-9’s and insurance certificates for vendors.
- Manage recurring monthly invoices i.e, utilities, to ensure invoices are received, entered, and paid on time, including following up with department managers, as needed.
- Add new users to the accounting and accounts payable workflow systems and provide individual training on entering and approving expenses.
- Follow up regularly with associates on credit card receipts and expense processing.
- Conduct weekly credit card reconciliations in the accounting system.
- Provide clerical support as needed.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Three years of experience in accounts payable.
- Excellent communication, organization, and attention-to-detail skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Dependable with great work ethic and a high level of integrity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Criminal background check and credit check are required.
- Commitment to Glenstone’s core values: art is essential to life; meaningful encounters begin with direct engagement; honesty and intellectual integrity guide us; we think in the long-term; and excellence, continuous improvement, and teamwork guide us.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Experience in a museum or non-profit organization.
- Experience with accounting and accounts payable software.
Salary & Benefits
Associates are crucial to achieving Glenstone’s mission and we offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We also provide a total benefits package that helps associates manage their health, protect their income, and prepare for their future. To promote collaboration and show appreciation to associates, Glenstone provides a weekly staff lunch, on-site health and wellness classes and volunteer opportunities.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; life, long-term and short-term disability and AD&D insurance, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA); a 401(k) retirement account with a matching contribution; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and tuition reimbursement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.