Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo: Grants
Deadline to fill out the application
PRODUCTION OF EXHIBITIONS
The production of high quality contemporary art exhibitions, whose curatorial research and management processes are almost completed and can be realized in terms of assembly, insurance, transportation and distribution work. The benefited projects should be supported by letters from the venue where the exhibition takes place and by organizers (curator, artist, producer, manager).
Includes curatorial and/or theoretical-historical researches in process that contribute to the diagnosis and dialogue of contemporary art. Accepted projects must address fields closely related and committed to the study of contemporary artistic practices, and they will result in an exhibition, a publication or an artwork. Funds may be used to support travel expenses, archival research, interviews, materials, among other items.
This support will be given to mid-career artists to develop any part of professional projects. Accepted projects could be in situ art projects or artist residences in institutions considering research and analysis of particular contexts. A prestigious institution and letters of recommendation must back these proposals.
This field supports the publication of projects that contribute with its contents and format to promote the understanding, study, and reflection of contemporary art. Accepted projects should be ready for editing and / or publication. The end result can be a physical or digital publication.
PUBLIC AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
This category refers to the educational events that promote and disseminate information and specialized knowledge about contemporary art through dialogue and collective reflection. Accepted projects could be seminars, conferences, workshops, colloquia, symposia, study groups, among other activities. Accepted projects must have the support of an institution, organization or association to guarantee its realization.
A committee selected by Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo will evaluate all applications and make a selection. This decision will be final and unappealable.
Applications will be selected based on the following parameters:
a) Consistency with the mission and interests of Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo.
b) Excellence, professionalism and originality.
c) Information consistency and accuracy.
d) Project feasibility.
- Register to create a username during September, 2021.
- Confirm your registration by responding to the registration email that will be sent to you.
- Login to your application session and fill out the application form for your selected category including the required documentation.
- Submit your completed application form before the deadline: October 31, 2021.
- Participants can only submit one project per call and in only one category.
- All of those involved in the project (institutions, artists, curators, editorial, etc.) should submit commitment letters and they may only register for one project per call.
- Applications rejected in previous calls will not be accepted.
- Individuals who have been benefited on previous occasions must wait two years to reapply. And they can do so only if they have covered their contractual obligations.
- Projects that fail to submit their complete paperwork by the due date will not be reviewed.
- Projects sent via e-mail will not be accepted.
- If the documents submitted are false or have been tampered with, the application will be canceled and the person responsible will no longer be able to participate in any further grant or scholarship programs.
- Only projects with a starting date on 2022 will be considered. The maximum period for the use of the allocated resources is twelve months, but the project can have duration of up to twenty-four months.
- Those responsible for the sponsored projects must present progress reports periodically.
- Interviews concerning project content cannot be granted.
- The maximum amount granted by Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo will be $200,000.00 Mexican pesos (TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND MEXICAN PESOS).
- Financial aid granted by Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo cannot be transferred to other persons, areas or programs.
- Employees of Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo, or their immediate family members, may not participate.
- Submit all documentation required, upon notification of a grant awarded within twenty calendar days. In failing to do so, Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo reserves the right to proceed as it sees fit (this includes canceling the funding granted).
- Sign an agreement where the rights and obligations of both parties (Fundación Jumex, A.C. and the grantee) will be stipulated.
- Provide an invoice (fiscal voucher for the receipt of funds) with the applicant’s or institution’s name.
- To allocate the granted resources solely and exclusively for the supported project, otherwise it is obliged to the immediate return of the total amount.
- Deliver specific reports on project development and results.
- Mention Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo as your sponsor on printed, written and verbal material, following the criteria stipulated in the contract: “This project has been possible with the support of Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo.”
- Submit a final report where activities carried out are described. Include printed material and newspaper reviews that show the consolidation of the project and its impact.
- Submit an expense report that corresponds with the initial budget.
- Submit for approval to Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo the use of its logo or any other concept that refers to the institution; its misuse or tampering with is forbidden. Guidelines set forth in the contract must be followed.
- Failure to commit to obligations can result in Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo taking administrative, contractual, or legal remedies, including but not limited to suspension or termination of this contract.
To register and apply, visit: https://www.fundacionjumex.org/en/fundacion/fomento/patrocinios