Fundación Jumex arte contemporáneo: Educational Guide
Focus on adolescents and youth, and the community programme
– Full time and available to work from Tuesday to Saturday.
– Training: degree in art history, visual arts, plastic arts, education, or in fields related to the knowledge of contemporary art and art education.
– Experience: two to three years in museums, cultural institutions, or independent projects related to public or educational programs.
Knowledge and skills
– Creativity and critical thinking skills to conceptualize various educational activities.
– Organizational and planning skills for workshops and other activities.
– Skills of mediation and interaction with the public.
– Ability to relate to others and work in a team.
– Familiar with diverse cultural and pedagogical expressions, and informed of the current art scene in Mexico and internationally.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
The educational guide is mainly focused on the attention and training of audiences of the Museo Jumex. Together with the educational team and in dialogue with the curatorial team and the exhibition program, it is in charge of programming and planning guided tours, the conceptualization and development of workshops and educational activities, as well as the design and implementation of learning strategies.
– Attention to high school and college.
– Commented tours in rooms and orientation for visitors.
– Design and development of activities and conversations based on the specific contents of the exhibition programme and mission of the Jumex Foundation.
– Social and community links.
– Conceptualization and implementation of workshops aimed at young audiences.
– Support in the management of groups, registrations for the activities of the public and educational program; as well as attention to the public via telephone and e-mail.
– Design and production of educational resources for visitors, schools, families and interest groups.
– Generation of learning strategies around contemporary art and the museum’s offerings.
– Other tasks:
-Participation in the training of the Volunteer Program of the Museo Jumex.
-Operational support in other educational activities or in the public program
-Historical, artistic, theoretical and pedagogical research focused on contemporary art and educational practices in museums
If you are interested, please send your CV, letter of motivation in Spanish, description in English and Spanish, and complementary material of a project carried out as part of an institution or an independent initiative to email@example.com
Deadline for implementation: 7 February 2020