Foundation for Contemporary Arts : Communications and Development Coordinator
FCA seeks a full-time Communications and Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Deputy Director, this position assists with all aspects of FCA’s external relations and fund-raising, including membership groups, contribution processing and acknowledgement letters, appeal mailings, event planning and execution, grant reporting, creating and distributing e-newsletters and press releases, social media presence, research, and other duties as assigned. The position is responsible for daily phone and e-mail contact with donors and artists, drafting written and electronic correspondence, tracking gifts, conducting research, maintaining grants timetables, database management, website management and maintenance, and other key administrative duties. FCA has a small staff; the Coordinator is expected to perform a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced, high-standards environment. A willingness and ability to work at weekday evening donor events 1-2x/month and the occasional Saturday event is required. The position manages an intern, and has a dotted-line overseeing the Program Assistant on social media posts.
- Prior full-time administrative, development, or marketing experience, preferably in the non-profit arts field
- Interest or background in contemporary visual and/or performance arts
- Must be a strong writer and editor/proof-reader, with experience writing for web/social media
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a highly-organized, pro-active self-starter with superior attention to detail
- Comfort working with budgets and numbers is critical; prior Excel knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Mac platform and Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of fund-raising databases or FileMaker Pro experience is a plus. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and website CMS tools is a plus.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus full benefits.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.