Fondazione Memmo and Gasworks: Fully Funded Residency for Italian Artist
Fondazione Memmo and Gasworks are working in partnership to offer a fully funded residency at Gasworks, London, for an artist based in Italy, from 11 January – 29 March 2021. The Fondazione Memmo was established in 1990 to realise the dream of its founder, Roberto Memmo, who desired to bring the world of art to the broader public. Through the development and production of exhibitions, performances, residencies, talks, conferences, workshops and art publications, Fondazione Memmo aims to actively support current and cutting edge practices in order to contribute to the development of our future. As part of this mission the residency for Italian artists focuses on practitioners interested in working outside their local context, thereby bringing Italian contemporary art into an international arena.
Gasworks’ residencies are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange and experimentation. They encourage artists undertake new research and widen their networks in order to support the development of their practice.
The residency comprises:
– 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
– An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks
– Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence)
– Basic living expenses in London (£150 p/week)
– Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
– Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
– Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours)
– Curatorial Support from Fondazione Memmo
Application Deadline: Tuesday 29th September 2020
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.gasworks.org.uk/opportunities/for-italian-artists-2