This film presents dialogue extracts between the two artists François Bard and Varozza from the exhibition “Birds of a Feather Flock Together” at the Krikhaar Foundation. Although they are in sync with one another, each artist takes a different approach in painting: François Bard explores what it could be called “hyperfiguration,” while Varozza has developed the concept and practice of “Prefiguration.” In discussing Bard’s paintings, Varozza underlines “that what is asserted with force could just as well not BE.” Whereas in Bard’s analysis of Varozza’s works, he understands that beyond Varozza’s “very vibrant, very sensitive ‘touch,’ we feel that his work is thought through, and nothing is put there by chance.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER
- Fondation Giacometti: Alberto Giacometti / Barbara Chase-Riboud: “Femmes debout de Venise / Standing Women of Venice – Femme noire debout de Venise / Standing Black Woman of Venice”
- CUE Art Foundation: Programs Manager
- Fondation Louis Vuitton: Özgür Kar “MACABRE”
- Fondation Beyeler: Head of Sponsorship/Fundraising
- Newsletter (13): Contemporary Classic Art or Classic Contemporary Art