This film presents dialogue extracts between the two artists François Bard and Varozza from the exhibition “Birds of a Feather Flock Together” at the Krikhaar Foundation. Although they are in sync with one another, each artist takes a different approach in painting: François Bard explores what it could be called “hyperfiguration,” while Varozza has developed the concept and practice of “Prefiguration.” In discussing Bard’s paintings, Varozza underlines “that what is asserted with force could just as well not BE.” Whereas in Bard’s analysis of Varozza’s works, he understands that beyond Varozza’s “very vibrant, very sensitive ‘touch,’ we feel that his work is thought through, and nothing is put there by chance.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER
- Pulitzer Arts Foundation: Chloë Bass “Wayfinding”
- di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art: “the incorrect museum: vignettes from the di rosa collection”
- di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art: “ceramic interventions”
- Espace Louis Vuitton München: Cyprien Gaillard “Wolkengarten”
- McEvoy Foundation for the Arts: Communications Coordinator (part-time)