This film presents dialogue extracts between the two artists François Bard and Varozza from the exhibition “Birds of a Feather Flock Together” at the Krikhaar Foundation. Although they are in sync with one another, each artist takes a different approach in painting: François Bard explores what it could be called “hyperfiguration,” while Varozza has developed the concept and practice of “Prefiguration.” In discussing Bard’s paintings, Varozza underlines “that what is asserted with force could just as well not BE.” Whereas in Bard’s analysis of Varozza’s works, he understands that beyond Varozza’s “very vibrant, very sensitive ‘touch,’ we feel that his work is thought through, and nothing is put there by chance.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER
- Horsens Kunstmuseum & Faurschou Foundation: “Christian Lemmerz & Norbert Tadeusz”
- Amant Foundation: Call for applications: inaugural Studio Residency Program in New York
- The J. Paul Getty Trust: Digital Content Editor
- The J. Paul Getty Trust: Executive Assistant
- The J. Paul Getty Trust: Assistant Digital Editor