Fondation d’entreprise Hermès: Work study – Visual Arts and Crafts Assistant
Type of Contract: Apprenticeship Alternating
Country / Region : France
Job: Sustainable Development & Corporate Social Responsibility
Experience: 0-3 years
The Fondation d’entreprise Hermès supports those who learn, master, transmit and explore creative gestures to build today’s world and invent tomorrow’s world.
It is developing nine major programmes that combine know-how, creation and transmission. New Settings and Artists in the City for the performing arts, Exhibitions and Artists in Residence for the plastic arts, Immersion for photography, Manufacto, the Know-How Factory and the Academy of Know-How for the discovery and deepening of craft trades. Through H3, it also supports, on the five continents, organizations that act in this same dynamic. Finally, its commitment to the planet is supported by its Biodiversity programme. Founded in 2008, the Fondation d’entreprise Hermès is headed by Annick de Chaunac and chaired by Olivier Fournier.
All the actions of the Fondation d’entreprise Hermès, in all their diversity, are dictated by a single conviction: our actions create us.
Alternating 12 months to start in September 2020.
The alternate will assist the Project Manager and Project Officer in their missions of managing the Hermès Collection of Contemporary Photography, the Immersion programme, partnerships and exhibitions in the field of photography and the Artist Residency programme.
Reporting to the project manager, the alternating, under the responsibility of the project manager, will assist them on a daily basis on operational missions in several areas:
– Assistance in the management of the Hermès Collection of contemporary photographs :
– Administrative follow-up of acquisitions (purchase orders, invoicing, etc.)
– conservation missions: monitoring of purchases and framing
– workflow management
– logistics (in conjunction with the stockist responsible for the reserve)
– documentation missions: management of the database of works (collection of documentation elements, creation of sheets, editing of documents and labels, updates)
– promotion missions: publishing and distribution of catalogues, presentation documents and cartels, coordination of the drafting of artists’ biographies, etc.
– Assistance in the coordination and organisation of the Hermès Foundation’s artist residency programme in the Hermès factories in conjunction with the artists and the factories: organisation of planning, administrative follow-up, travel reservations, etc.
– Follow-up of projects around photography: monitoring of partnerships (monitoring of agreements and payments, management of counterparts), occasional organization of events.
– Organisation of in-house exhibitions of photographs on Hermès premises and production sites (7 exhibitions per year):
– monitoring the production of the exhibition, coordination of editing, documentation and signage.
– General assistance :
– organisation of travel for the project manager and project manager
– reception of calls, administrative procedures, contacts with other services.
Profile of the candidate
Master 2 level, business school, university profile or equivalent, a specialization in the fields of cultural project management, art history and photography or art market is a plus.
With a fairly multidisciplinary profile, you have a strong interest in art management and production in the cultural field and can justify at least one successful professional experience in this field.
Required qualities: rigour, reactivity, dynamism, enthusiasm, mastery of English.
*Please note, website is in French