Fondation d’entreprise Hermès: Communications Officer Internship
Type of Contract: Internship
Country / Region : France
Job: Communication, PR, Media
Experience: 0-3 years
Hermès is the name of a House, but it is above all the name of a family that, for nearly two centuries, has been writing the history of a Parisian company founded on know-how and quality, tradition and innovation. First a harness maker, then a saddler, Hermès today deploys its creativity across 14 professions. The key words have remained the same: high standards and authenticity, elegance and sobriety, fantasy and audacity. As an independent family firm that continues its French artisan tradition, Hermès creates, sells and manufactures beautiful, useful and durable objects. The company has more than 14,000 employees in 50 countries and 60 subsidiaries, all craftsmen in their own way and committed to the House’s long-term project.
The Fondation d’entreprise Hermès supports those who learn, master, transmit and explore creative gestures to build today’s world and invent tomorrow’s world.
It is developing nine major programmes that combine know-how, creation and transmission. New Settings and Artists in the City for the performing arts, Exhibitions and Artists in Residence for the plastic arts, Immersion, a Franco-American photographic commission for photography, Manufacto, the know-how factory and the Académie des savoir-faire for the discovery and deepening of craft trades. Through H3 – Heart, Head, Hand, it also supports, on the five continents, organizations that act in the same dynamic. Finally, its commitment to the planet is supported by its Biodiversity & Ecosystems programme. Founded in 2008, the Fondation d’entreprise Hermès is headed by Annick de Chaunac and chaired by Olivier Fournier.
All the actions of the Fondation d’entreprise Hermès, in all their diversity, are dictated by a single conviction: our actions create us.
The Foundation is looking for a full-time intern for 5 months under contract. The internship will begin in September 2020 and will be based in Paris.
The trainee will assist the Foundation’s Communication Project Manager on all his/her files.
Within this framework, the missions are as follows:
– Assist the project manager in the follow-up of the design of communication supports and in the distribution of publications.
– Coordinate the management and distribution of press tools: creation of weekly magazines, estimation of publications, putting them online on the photo library, etc.
– Organization of weekly communication meetings and writing of reports.
– Ensure coordination between the different services to carry out joint projects (documentation, organization of weekly meetings, etc.).
– Ensure the continuous updating of the contact base
– Monitoring and management of the Foundation’s publishing stocks
– Student in communication or cultural management, wishing to get involved in a communication mission
– Strong interest in the stakes of the communication professions, particularly in the cultural and solidarity fields.
– Very good command of written and spoken English as well as of Office and Adobe tools: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, Photoshop, InDesign…
– Required qualities: autonomy, rigour, reactivity and strength of proposal.
*Please note, website is in French