Fondation Cartier pour l’art contemporain: Internship in Registrar Department
Description of Organization
Established in Paris in 1994, Fondation Cartier is housed in the building designed by architect Jean Nouvel, all in transparency and reflections. In this unique setting, creations, exhibitions and encounters come to life. Both a creative space for artists and a meeting place between art and the general public, the Fondation Cartier pour l’art contemporain aims to promote contemporary creation and to disseminate knowledge about it. Each year, the Fondation Cartier programs thematic or personal exhibitions and commissions artists to enrich an important collection. It also organizes the Soirées Nomades, a meeting place for the performing arts where artists create links between the visual arts and other modes of expression of contemporary creation. The exhibitions and the collection are regularly exported to foreign institutions, giving the Fondation Cartier its international dimension.
Within the Registrar department (Temporary Exhibitions and Collection), attached to the Administrative and Financial Department, you will assist the exhibition managers and take part in the daily tasks of the department.
Main tasks :
1) Régie des œuvres Exhibitions
– Assistance after exhibition managers for the preparation, assembly and dismantling of exhibitions,
– Follow-up of exhibition maintenance,
– Follow-up of quotations, invoices and exhibition budget,
– Writing minutes of meetings, updating contact files,
– Helps track and update the work list in FileMaker Pro,
– Reception and logistics of the exhibition conveyors.
2) Régie des œuvres Collection
– Update of the KE Emu database after training on the software,
– Condition report of the works,
– Tracking the location of works in reserve,
– Participation in the collection site.
Duration: 6 months.
Description of desired profile
Master 1 or 2 level in the field of arts and crafts.
Fluency in English is essential.
Dynamic and rigorous, you like to work in a team.
Description of the experience you are looking for
A first experience in the field of the management of works and in the use of a collection management database is a plus.
August 31, 2020
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter written in French to Veerle Dobbeleir, Head of Registrar Department, at email@example.com