Fondation Beyeler: Assistant Curator
The Fondation Beyeler is one of Switzerland’s internationally renowned and most visited museums. Located in an idyllic park in Riehen near Basel, Renzo Piano’s museum building is considered one of the most beautiful art houses in Europe, as it harmoniously combines nature, architecture and art. The Fondation Beyeler houses one of the world’s best private collections and continuously presents high-quality exhibitions of modern and contemporary art. In accordance with the wishes of its founders, it is particularly committed to communicating art to the general public and to young people.
With immediate effect or by appointment, we are recruiting for the position of
Assistant Curator 80 – 100%
You will support the curatorial team and will be primarily involved in the preparation and realization of exhibitions. of exhibitions.
– Art historical research
– Supervision of loan requests
– Cooperation with artists’ studios and artists’ estates
– Compiling and maintaining lists of works
– Collaboration on the exhibition catalog
– Writing and editing short texts for the exhibition
– Creation of maquettes and captions
– Helping to set up and dismantle the exhibition
– Collaboration in art education, tours and support of media and guests
– Organizational and administrative tasks such as scheduling, correspondence and filing
– Completed studies (MA) in art history/art science
– Good knowledge of 20th/21st century art
– Professional experience (e.g. traineeship) in a museum or comparable institution
– Proven competence in research work and in writing texts
– Stylistically confident German, very good knowledge of English and ideally good knowledge of written and spoken French
– Careful, structured way of working, team and communication skills
– Good user knowledge of all common office programs as well as databases (MuseumPlus)
We offer you a versatile job in an international and dynamic working environment in the cultural sector with a motivated team.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents written in German by mail to email@example.com Fondation Beyeler, Daniela Cantoni, Baselstrasse 77, CH-4125 Riehen, Tel. +41 (0)61 645 97 33.