Fondation Beyeler: Art Education Assistant
The Fondation Beyeler is one of Switzerland’s internationally renowned and most visited museums. Switzerland. Situated in an idyllic park in Riehen near Basel, the museum building designed by Renzo Piano is considered one of the most beautiful art houses in Europe, as it harmoniously combines nature, architecture and art. art. The Fondation Beyeler is home to one of the world’s best private collections and continuously presents high and continuously presents high-quality exhibitions of modern and contemporary art. In accordance with the the wishes of its founders, it is particularly committed to communicating art to the general public public and to young people.
As of 1 August 2021 or by agreement, we are looking for a temporary position for two years with the option of a permanent position:
Art Education Assistant 80 %
The position includes both conceptual and content-related tasks (development, organisation and and implementation of art education programmes) as well as the organisation and coordination of various guided tours, workshops and events. The employee works closely with the the Head of Art Education and has a deputy function.
– Development of new forms of art education
– Exhibition and collection hall texts: text, editing and production
– Audio guide on the exhibitions: Text editing and organisation
– Digital mediation. Conception of new art education formats
– Conceptual design and organisation of the art education programme at major events such as Museum Night, Summer Festival, etc.
– Conducting guided tours and workshops as well as other formats in the field of art education
– Communication of the art education programme
– Studio supervision: procurement of materials, organisation
– Networking with other art education institutions
– Completed degree in art history/art science or art education or a comparable education (university for art, education and mediation)
– Very good knowledge of 20th/21st century art
– Several years of professional experience in the field of art education
– Experience in the implementation of digital mediation projects
– Stylistically confident German, good knowledge of spoken and written English and French
– Very good user knowledge of the usual Office programmes
– Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
– Strong commitment and social skills
– Ability to work under time and deadline pressure
You can look forward to a varied job in an interesting working environment in the cultural sector with a friendly and motivated team.
We look forward to receiving your application documents written in German by 16 May 2021 to email@example.com.
Fondation Beyeler, Daniela Cantoni, Baselstrasse 77, CH-4125 Riehen, Tel. +41 (0)61 645 97 33