Fondation Alberto et Annette Giacometti: Production Assistant Internship
The Giacometti Foundation, Paris, has as its statutory objectives the protection, dissemination and influence of Alberto Giacometti’s work. It is a universal legatee of Annette Giacometti and as such, holds 62.5% of the copyright on the artist’s work and owns the largest collection in the world of Alberto Giacometti’s works.
Its means of action, according to its statutes, are:
– the communication to the public of Alberto Giacometti’s work
– the organization of monographic and thematic exhibitions in French and foreign museums;
– the preservation of the archives of the artist and his wife;
– the establishment of the catalogue raisonné of the artist’s authentic work;
– the defence of the work by any legal means;
– the publication of books;
– the organization of or participation in various cultural events
– the presentation of prizes and scholarships;
– and, more generally, any action concerning the enhancement and protection of Alberto Giacometti’s work.
It organizes the authentication committee of the artist’s works and defends the work in France and abroad.
The statutes of the Giacometti Foundation, Paris were approved by the Ministry of the Interior on 2 December 2003.
It was recognised as a public utility by decree of 10 December 2003, signed by the Minister of the Interior and published in the Official Gazette of the Republic on 11 December 2003.
Under the authority of the Artistic Director and the Head of Administrative and Operational Affairs, you will assist the Giacometti Institute team in the various phases of preparation of the scheduled exhibitions, in the coordination of cultural events, as well as in the daily management of the Institute.
* Coordination of exhibition
– Find possible partners
– Set up funding research files
– Assist in the production of the catalogue
– Participate in the assembly and dismantling of exhibitions
– Communication support
* Follow-up of cultural events
– Ensure the coordination of events: canvassing of service providers, budget management, ensuring the smooth running of events, post-event assessment.
– Maintain the portfolio of service providers
– Create communication supports
* CSR project management
– Monitor and update the schedule of actions to be implemented
– Present proposals for new actions and implement them
– Ensure the sound ecological management of the Institute and its offices
* Space control
– Maintain inventory of stocks and make purchases for their renewal
– Ensure the proper maintenance of the exhibition
Timetable: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (35 hours per week)
Description of the profile required
Master’s student in cultural production or cultural management – Level Bac+4
Taste for modern art and collection management
Good knowledge of IT tools (MAC environment + In Design + Photoshop + Excel + Word)
Organizational skills, autonomy, initiative, rigour, physical fitness (logistics)
Description of the experience sought
Experience in handling and packaging works of art appreciated
Date of commencement of employment
January 6, 2020
December 13, 2019
Bonus at the legal rate + 50% refund of transport ticket + Restaurant tickets
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter written in French to Stéphanie Barbé-Sicouri, Head of Administrative Affiars and Operations, at email@example.com, by the deadline.