The FLAG Art Foundation : Internship
The FLAG Art Foundation is looking for enthusiastic individuals interested in gaining experience in a non-profit contemporary art space located in the heart of Chelsea. Given the small size of the FLAG staff, interns are provided with a multi-faceted and hands-on experience of working on current and upcoming programming. Interns participate in FLAG’s curatorial and administrative processes and are encouraged to explore ideas relevant to their studies/professional interests. An intern’s tasks may include the following: curatorial assistance, exhibition organization, research, archiving, social media outreach, drafting press releases, blog posts and artist biographies, event planning and support, administrative, and other assigned projects.
The ideal candidate is an undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate student, available two to three days a week (including some evenings for events) for a period of at least three months. This internship is unpaid.
- General knowledge of contemporary art
- Computer proficiency is a must, particularly experience with Microsoft Office; Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro is a plus
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Personable, with a professional phone demeanor
- A sense of humor
How to apply:
Please send a PDF version of your resume and cover letter with “Internship” as subject. Please include your availability.