The Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation : Administrative Assistant
The Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation is seeking a highly motivated and extremely organized Administrative Assistant for its San Francisco offices. The position requires an affinity for language and superior communication skills, as the Administrative Assistant will regularly provide support relating to correspondence with museums, representatives from major public and private collections, scholars, and the general public about Gonzalez-Torres’s practice as it relates to incoming loan requests, image licensing, exhibition proposals, and research inquiries. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of the Foundation.
• Coordinate correspondence between the Director, potential exhibitors, and owners relevant to exhibition proposals and oversee tracking of all current exhibitions of the work
• Conduct small research projects on works and bodies of works pertaining to ongoing research requests
• Coordinate review, response and licensing pertaining to image requests
• Field all incoming correspondence, assist with drafting outgoing correspondence, and keep track of timely responses
• Manage current information in the Foundation’s database, digital files and website
• Maintain Director’s calendar in a timely manner and proactively coordinate ongoing interviews and phone meetings
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, FileMaker, and Mac operating systems
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Ability to perform with a high level of discretion, professionalism, and integrity
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Confidence and ability to work independently
Position hours are Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm.
Any extremely strong candidates who fulfill the above but have less weekly availability are also welcome to apply.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, cv and contact information for three references.