Faurschou Foundation: Gallery Internship
The Faurschou Foundation was established in 2011 to champion artists and foster cross-cultural dialogue, particularly between the East and West. The Foundation has two primary areas of activity: acquiring significant works of contemporary art for its private collection and organizing museum-quality exhibitions across the globe to offer visitors unique art experiences.
The privately-owned Foundation has its primary exhibition space in Copenhagen and also has a permanent exhibition gallery in Beijing’s 798 District. In addition, the Foundation exhibits bi-annually in Venice. This fall Faurschou Foundation will open an exhibition space in Greenpoint, Brooklyn New York and is seeking a part-time Gallery Intern. The Gallery Intern will be a vital part of the Faurschou Greenpoint team. Under the guidance of the Gallery Manager you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks to ensure the successful launch and ongoing operation of the exhibition gallery, including creating a positive environment by welcoming and engaging guests, monitoring and safe-guarding artworks, and providing administrative and operational support for the space and to the Gallery Manager and other Faurschou staff.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Receiving guests, answering questions and making recommendations to enhance the visitor experience while keeping a careful eye on the artworks and monitoring guest behavior in a friendly approachable way.
• Answering phone calls and written inquiries.
• Supporting the Gallery Manager and other Faurschou staff in day to day tasks and responsibilities.
• Research and writing as requested
• Other duties as needed/assigned.
• You are friendly with visitors, and service oriented. You will be part of a small, but close team, where good work ethics and positive attitudes are appreciated.
• Excellent organizational abilities and a pro-active approach to following up on tasks.
• This internship is well-suited to students in (and recent graduates of) art history, library/information studies, curatorial studies, or conservation practice. Fluency in contemporary art is a must, as is too experience with MS Office
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, references, to: Blake@Faurschou.com, Subject: Gallery Internship.