ESMoA: Open Call – Video Art + Film Festival: BLUE/S
Established in 2017, the ESMoA Video Art + Film Festival is a free international festival inviting filmmakers of all ages and backgrounds to submit short films around a theme. This year, the Festival’s topic is BLUE/S.
What does “BLUE/S” mean to you?
BLUE/S: color, shades, reflections, harmony, mood, melancholy, serene, peace, music, heritage, flow, rebirth, space, cosmos, artificial, etc.
Make a 60 second film and submit it to the ESMoA Video Art + Film Festival: BLUE/S! Deadline for submissions is Saturday, October 23 2021 at 5pm PST.
Films will be reviewed by a panel of judges from the El Segundo and Los Angeles arts community who will decide which films will be featured at the screening event at ESMoA and on ESMoA website between December 1 and December 4, 2021.
All ages are welcome to submit films!
- The video must be no longer than 60 seconds (not including credits).
- Applicants may enter one (1) film for consideration.
- All entries will be reviewed by ESMoA staff prior to jury selection. ESMoA’s decision will be final.
- Films will be reviewed by a panel of judges, their decision will be final.
- By submitting to this festival, you agree to allow the organizers of ‘ESMoA Video Art + Film Festival: BLUE/S’ to use your video, in part or whole, for presentation at the festival, as well as for promotional purposes prior to and after the event. Promotion may include using your video on our Youtube channel, Facebook and other media.
- Creativity & Originality – Does the film exhibit originality? Does the film use imaginative and creative ways to convey the theme?
- Message – Is the message clear and directly related to the theme of “BLUE/S”?
- Technique – This criteria can be defined broadly by the use of audio, visuals, and technical skills.
- Engagement – Does this entry stimulate thoughts and ideas? Does the film provoke an emotional response?
How to submit your short:
- Send it to email@example.com or
- Submit it via FilmFreeway by clicking the button below
Deadline: October 23, 2021