di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art: Marketing, Communications & Public Relations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Education & Civic Engagement
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Part Time / 16 hours per week
The Marketing, Communications & Public Relations Coordinator reports to the Director of Education & Civic Engagement and is responsible for ensuring support of di Rosa’s marketing and communications initiatives. The position works collaboratively with the Education and Curatorial, Visitor Services and Development staff to enhance public awareness of di Rosa and its mission, create an accessible and informative environment for our constituents, and maximize and diversify audiences for programs and events.
About di Rosa: di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art presents contemporary exhibitions and educational programs for all ages and maintains a permanent collection of notable works by artists living or working in the San Francisco Bay Area from the mid-twentieth century to the present day. A wide range of styles, media, and subject matter provides an overview of the creative energy and freedom to experiment that characterize this region of California. Protected in perpetuity under the Napa County Land Trust, di Rosa features multiple galleries, a sculpture park, and a 35-acre lake, all located on 217 scenic acres in Napa Valley’s famed Carneros region. For more information, visit dirosaart.org.
Marketing & Communications
• Execute strategies to increase involvement with and awareness of di Rosa activities, including exhibitions, educational programs, and collaborative projects.
• Maintain, disseminate, and execute communications schedule for di Rosa activities.
• Coordinate production and dissemination of the following:
– Exhibition and public program announcements
– General brochures and rack cards
– Organization collateral and visitor information
– Fundraising and Development collateral
• Seek out and respond to information requests for inclusion of di Rosa in public listings and directories.
• Proactively identify and solicit inclusion in new publications to promote di Rosa’s reputation and recognition for its work.
• Collaborate with social media lead, Manager of Education & Civic Engagement, as needed to generate content.
• Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with print, online, and media professionals.
• Disseminate press releases and publicity materials to print, online, and media outlets as well as peer organizations, neighbors, and community partners where appropriate.
• Maintain public relations and media mailing lists.
• Attend meetings and work closely with others in contributing to the team-work and atmosphere of cooperation at di Rosa.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
• Familiarity with media, marketing and communications fields
• Skilled with Adobe Suite and Word Press
• Detail oriented
• Dependable, punctual, courteous, discrete
• Possess excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work well independently; proven resourcefulness and a problem solver
• Interest or background in the arts preferred
Working Conditions: di Rosa is located on 217 acres in the Carneros region of Napa Valley. Applicants must be comfortable with and enjoy nature, including native waterfowl. Must be able to actively lead and participate in tours on rugged terrain. Must possess a car and valid driver’s license and be willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
To Apply, Please Provide the Following:
• Cover letter addressing your interest in the position
• Resume with education, employment history, salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references
• Application materials should be emailed in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• No phonecalls please.
To learn more about di Rosa, visit www.dirosaart.org
Please note: di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, marital status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, sexual orientation or other bases protected by law. di Rosa makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities as defined by and in compliance with California law.