Dallas Museum of Art : Copy and Content Marketing Writer
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Benefits: Full Museum Benefits
Mission: The Dallas Museum of Art is a space of wonder and discovery where art comes alive.
The DMA will:
- Place art and our diverse communities at the center around which all activities radiate.
- Pursue excellence in collecting and programming, present works of art across cultures and time, and be a driving force in contemporary art.
- Strengthen our position as a prominent, innovative institution, expanding the meaning and possibilities of learning and creativity.
Scope of the Position:
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Copy and Content Marketing Writer plans and produces a range of writing deliverables to promote the Museum’s exhibitions, public programs, and special events, increase earned revenues, drive audience engagement, and build brand awareness and equity across marketing channels. This position works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, departments, and other partners to ensure messages are effective, consistent with the Museum’s brand voice, style, and tone, and delivered through the most advantageous channels to reach Museum goals.
- Produces a range of engaging and compelling content for the website, blog, social media, email, print collateral, magazines, advertisements, and other marketing communications that resonate with the Museum’s various audiences and stakeholders.
- Guides the development and implementation of multi-channel content marketing plans and strategies to achieve campaign-specific goals and meet the Museum’s broader business objectives.
- Collaborates with various functions and content creators to produce high-quality content, establishing and managing the appropriate editorial calendars and workflows to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manages digital content hubs including social platforms, the blog, email, and top tiers of the Museum website.
- Regularly monitors, measures, and generates reports on content performance using analytical tools and methods to refine and optimize strategies.
- Actively investigates new technology and marketing relevant to content marketing and stays up-to-date on best practices.
- As needed, edits, proofreads, and optimizes content for impact, considering SEO and audience needs.
- Assists with stewardship of brand and voice standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in communication, marketing, English, public relations or journalism
- 3-5 years experience in content development, copywriting, journalism, communications, or marketing role
- Knowledge or background in the arts or a cultural institution, preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong creative writing skills with brand publisher and editorial mindset.
- Expert understanding of content categorization and structure, content development and optimization, distribution and measurement.
- Expertise in social media platforms and best practices.
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse creative teams and understanding of creative processes.
- Proven project management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Hands on experience with SEO, SEM, and web and social media analytics.
- Hands on experience with CMS systems, CRMs, email marketing and blog platforms, and optimization tools; experience with Drupal, Word WordPress, and MailChimp a plus.
- Experience using and contributing to brand standards, manuals, and guidelines.
- Familiarity with audience research tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to assess priorities and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work professionally with curatorial staff, the public, the media, trustees and co-workers.
The Dallas Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.