CUE Art Foundation: Development & Communications Associate
CUE Art Foundation is an 18-year-old visual arts center dedicated to creating opportunities for emerging and under-recognized artists, curators, and writers through exhibitions, public programming, and arts education.
CUE seeks a motivated individual who is interested in learning about fundraising and gallery operations in a small arts organization. The associate will gain hands-on experience with non-profit fundraising, event planning, communications, and gallery management. This is an entry-level position where the candidate will receive training as appropriate. CUE seeks a candidate who shares our commitment to our values of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion and brings a perspective that will contribute to the achievement of our mission.
• Work closely with Executive Director and Development Manager to execute fundraising strategy
• Assist in event planning, in particular auction organization, execution, and settlement
• Research and support public and private grant writing efforts
• Communicating with donors; writing gift acknowledgements, tax receipts, and thank you notes
• Maintain Salesforce donor database; tracking gifts and ticket purchases
• Oversee CUE’s communication strategy:
○ Develop social media content and administer social media accounts
○ Manage CUE’s website; coordinate development and programming communications
○ Assist in creation and execution of online campaigns
• Be primary interface with public, manning the front desk and answering phones
• Assist Deputy Director and Development Manager with light bookkeeping and filing
• Coordinate gallery maintenance: order office supplies, schedule cleaning, maintenance, and repairs
• Assist Executive Director with occasional projects and tasks
• Strong commitment to CUE’s mission and values
• Strong writing, research, and verbal skills
• A demonstrated interest in the visual arts
• Resourceful, open-minded, curious
• Possessing a positive attitude
• Willing to work collaboratively with a small team who are eager to support and learn from each other
• Organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
• Familiarity with Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and social media platforms is a plus
Hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am-6:00 pm with occasional additional evening hours for events and openings. Starting salary will be $40,000 with health care and a generous vacation policy.
CUE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a more equitable visual arts community. Our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to our mission to support emerging and under-represented artists. Individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please submit your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.