Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art: Museum Store Sales Associate
Join the team at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art for an assignment as a full time Museum Store Sales Associate providing excellent customer service to museum guests as we host three world-class experiences. This fall and winter the museum will be transformed with North Forest Lights, a one-of-a-kind sound and light show in our outdoor sculpture forest; the Crystals in Art temporary exhibition, featuring art and artifacts from ancient Egypt to today; and the Kusama Infinity Room, an immersive environment where guests enter a universe of mirrors and lighted paper lanterns.
As a Museum Store Sales Associate your responsibilities include helping the store exceed sales plan and profitability targets by assisting and selling to Museum guests. This position will work closely with guests on the sales floor, store staff, sales volunteers and stockroom volunteers.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Essential duties for the sales associate include:
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests
- Assisting members, guests and colleagues with purchases at the Museum Store and other pop up retail locations both indoor and outdoor.
- Be knowledgeable about product offerings at the Museum Store
- Balance individual (own) cash drawer at the end of each shift and follow cash handling procedures at all times to ensure accurate accounting of all revenue
- Become proficient with the TAM POS software in store and Square to be used for pop ups and events that take place outside the Museum Store.
- Ensure that shelves are stocked with merchandise
Education, Training, and Traits:
- High School Diploma or GED and similar experience required
- Enthusiasm about being a team member at a major art museum with a strong visitor-centered community dynamic
- Excellent attendance and punctuality. This role includes evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to be patient and flexible while also staying energized and focused on providing excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to use good judgment
- Positive, motivated, high-energy, and detail-oriented team player
- Experience with POS systems
- Retail Store experience
- Cash Handling experience
In regard to education and experience, an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will satisfy the minimum requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: Lifting, carrying, and reaching stock shelves at least 5’ in height and up to 25 lbs.; pushing or pulling more than 25 lbs.; standing for 4+ hours at a time; bending, reaching and walking; and opening multiple doors while pushing loaded carts. Ability to use step ladder to reach merchandise on 6’ high shelves for customers; ability to read computer screens and price tickets; and ability to package and ship bulky merchandise for customers.
- Work Environment: Work to be performed on a sales floor, in a stockroom. Environment includes set up and staffing of off-site for selling events in multiple environments both indoors and out. Incumbent must have open availability work schedule, Sunday through Saturday, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call for emergencies.