Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art: Digital Media Producer
This position is responsible for the timely production of a wide variety of audio and video content for the museum. Including, but not limited to, videos/TV commercials promoting the museum overall, social media posts, temporary exhibitions, documentation of art installations and construction projects, recording of live events, museum and exhibition audio guides and apps, podcasts, and more. In addition to production this position will also work with the Digital Media Director and the Senior Digital Media Producer to set the strategy for the use of audio and video for the museum, and will be in charge of setting the schedule to meet all phases of internal and external production.
The Digital Media Producer is part of a digital multimedia department which collaborates on advancing the museum’s goals and objectives through strategic communications and brand management. The Digital Media Producer adheres to brand standards with an emphasis on creativity and high quality output. The producer is part of a creative and collaborative team working in a fast-paced environment.
The Digital Media Producer reports to the Senior Digital Media Producer in the Digital Media Department within the Communications Division.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions): Digital Media Producer
- Work alone and in collaboration with other digital media producers in the production of multimedia content from initial concept through all phases of the production process including video creation, audio recording/mixing/mastering, and motion graphics design
- Create and maintain accessible catalogues of digital assets including raw materials and draft/final work
- Coordinate with museum stakeholders to determine needs, develop/approve concepts, and produce approved final products while meeting project deadlines
- Work with Digital Media Director and Senior Digital Media Producer to set the strategic direction of the museum’s multimedia efforts to meet the institutional goals of the museum including format, scope, and timing of delivery of audio/video content
- Develop concepts for video/audio programs and assets, and secure any necessary licenses or rights through museum channels; manage budget for license fees
- Coordinate with Senior Digital Media Producer to determine resource requirements, strategize project timing, and schedule production and delivery using the most appropriate methods
- Work with Web Content Manager, and Social Media Coordinator to plan and maintain the museum’s online media presence including, but not limited to, platforms such as the Crystal Bridges and Momentary websites and social media channels such as Instagram and YouTube
- Maintain broad working knowledge of diverse digital multimedia technologies related to primary responsibilities of the position
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Traits:
- Experience in all aspects of audio and video production.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Adobe Audition and After Effects a plus.
- Proficiency with other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Strong working knowledge of effective video and audio techniques as well as audio/video recording and post-production techniques.
- Well-organized with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously while delivering high quality product against tight deadlines.
- Highest ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required
- Belief in the museum as a cause for social good and a positive, dynamic force for transforming lives.
- Experience in multimedia production, communications or motion graphics, or a related field.
- Advanced experience in audio recording/mixing and motion graphics design preferred.
- Experience in a museum or similar cultural heritage institution a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects and phases of video and audio media production
- Experience producing finished media content for performing arts and/or cultural heritage organizations is a plus
- Work as part of a small-to-mid-sized creative team preferred
- Work on a major website redesign and content migration preferred
- Certifications in use of production and post-production hardware or software is a plus
- Experience with Digital Asset Management systems is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Adobe Audition, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to tell a story through audio or video media
- Storyboarding and pre-visualization
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills are imperative
- Can work both independently and as a collaborative team player
- Understands and meets the needs of a wide variety of institutional stakeholders
- Understanding of cross-platform social media including websites, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Patience and a great sense of humor appreciated
- Knowledge of or ability to learn specialized software including project management, digital asset management, 360° photography, and more
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to develop processes and procedures
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: In the work environments described below, position requires working at desk/workstation and utilizing a computer, audio and video equipment and telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, verbal and written conversation with others, walking, standing, lifting/carrying (up to 35 lbs.). Vision abilities required by the job include both color and close vision.
- Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment, in museum public and gallery spaces, and outdoors as necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.