Clyfford Still Museum: Social Media Coordinator
Compensation Range: $18-$20 per hour
Status: Part-time (15-20 hours/week); non-exempt; eligible for part-time benefits
Application Deadline: Resumes accepted until position filled
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Schedule: Flexible schedule depending upon work demands
The Clyfford Still Museum is seeking an energetic and innovative Social Media Coordinator to create dynamic content for the Museum’s social media channels and manage engagements on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. This position works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to communicate with social media followers about the Museum’s collection, exhibitions, programs, educational opportunities, archives, shop, and more.
- Develops and posts/schedules engaging content for the Museum’s social media platforms working with
- Museum staff and external stakeholders. Maintains social media calendar and plans for all platforms within the larger communications plan for the Museum.
- Manages engagement with social media followers.
- Collaborates on the design and production of custom graphics and digital assets to support social media.
- Provides basic graphic design support to Museum staff.
- Produces multimedia assets for social media channels, which may include shooting and editing photos and video.
- Stays up to date on new social media tools and trends.
- Occasionally writes and posts blogs on Museum’s website.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum education of high school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years managing social media accounts for a nonprofit organization, business, or other group on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Proficiency using social media management software (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Sprinklr, etc.).
- Basic video, photo editing, and graphic design experience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and meet shifting demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Satisfactory criminal and credit background check is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using WordPress and working knowledge of HTML.
- Experience shooting and editing photos and videos for social media.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite tools including Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Prior experience in a museum setting a plus.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is an enthusiastic and self-motivated professional.
- Is organized, detail-oriented, and both a creative and a strategic thinker.
- Takes direction well, has good organizational skills, and completes projects on time.
- Is creative and excited to present new ideas.
- Is eager to learn.
- Has a love of art and museums.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing 10-20 pounds.
- Uses technology extensively which requires use of hands, certain visual capabilities, and is often done seated for periods of time.
- Occasionally traverses between locations throughout the Museum.
- Occasionally attends evening or weekend events.
*The described work requirements are representative of those an employee encounters in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions wherever possible. Some duties are performed in a modified way during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Clyfford Still Museum is committed to the goal of building a diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.