Camargo Foundation: Administration and Logistics Assistant
The Camargo Foundation, located in Cassis, was created by the American artist and philanthropist Jerome Hill in 1967. It is a residence dedicated to art and the human and social sciences. In a quality environment, on the Mediterranean coast, it offers time and space for reflection, creation and exchange. The Foundation supports the work of artists, researchers and thinkers in the fields of the arts and the human and social sciences. In 2019, more than 100 residents of 17 nationalities were welcomed and more than 3,700 visitors were brought together at public events organised by Camargo or in partnership with the Festival d’Aix, the Museon Arlaten, the City of Cassis, etc.
As part of its development, the Foundation is putting in place a new governance and will carry out in 2020 an administrative transition of its activities from the American structure (501(c)(3) nonprofit organization) to the French structure (association under the 1901 law). The Foundation will continue to exercise its activities related to residency programs, such as :
– The main program: a residency for 18 artists, researchers and thinkers, spread over the fall. 2020 and the spring of 2021;
– Various programs of residencies for artists and researchers in partnership with different organizations such as 3Arts, Jerome Foundation, BAU Institute…
Internal events and/or events open to the public will be regularly organized at the Foundation in relationship with the different programs.
For more information: www.camargofoundation.org
The person will assist the team (made up of 5 permanent staff) and more particularly the Administrator in the following tasks:
– Follow up with suppliers as part of an administrative transition from the American structure and the French structure ;
– Ensure the follow-up of purchases: request for quotations, preparation of payment validations, production of the corresponding accounting documents, creation of the RIBs, preparation of the cheques, sorting and filing of invoices ;
– Preparing administrative documents (banks, institutions…);
– Preparing certain residence agreements;
– Ensure the follow-up of donations to the library and the arrangement of books;
– Assist the team in various tasks as required.
– Prepare and ensure the proper functioning of the apartments by carrying out pre- and post-living inventories;
– To ensure the follow-up of the linen stock and to manage the link with the supplier;
– To ensure the follow-up of the stock of supplies for the apartments and offices by carrying out errands ;
– To provide catering related to the Foundation’s events by running the races;
– Organize transportation for residents to and from Marseille airport and book taxis.
– To welcome residents and provide them with daily information about Camargo, Cassis and its region;
– Provide transportation for residents to and from the Cassis train station;
– Ensure the switchboard, transfer of calls, reception of appointments;
– Assist in the regular organization of meetings, both public and internal (about twice a year). week) ;
– Welcoming and informing the public at events.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Bachelor’s level or equivalent
– Rigour, organization, practicality
– Responsible, voluntary, autonomous
– Relational ease
– High attention to the quality of reception and service down to the smallest details
– Good oral and written expression in French and English
– Interest and involvement in the arts and/or the human sciences
– Experience working in a small team
– Permit B required
– CDD, full time, based in Cassis, from May 25, 2020 to May 23, 2021 – €1,735 gross per month
– Please send your application by e-mail (CV and cover letter) in English AND in French at: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Deadline for application: April 13, 2020