Calder Foundation: Office and Intellectual Property Administrator
The Calder Foundation, a nonprofit institution dedicated to preserving the legacy of the artist Alexander Calder, is seeking to hire a full-time Office and Intellectual Property Administrator. This position is responsible for serving as first point of contact and managing the general operation of the office as well as assisting the Foundation’s Legal Department.
This administrative position is an excellent opportunity for a responsible individual looking to contribute to and grow with our organization.
Office Administrator Responsibilities:
• Managing the front door, receiving and distributing mail and packages, receiving and attending to guests, preparing the office for visitors and events
• Answering and directing phone calls and emailed requests, responding to general inquiries
• Ordering and maintaining office supplies, running errands as needed
• Scheduling office maintenance and supervising external contractors as well as building staff
• Reconciling basic accounting for office expenses
• Assisting staff with administrative or logistical duties as requested
Intellectual Property Administrator responsibilities:
• Creating records for all licensing and image requests
• Processing the associated licensing payment reports
• Maintaining the Foundation’s merchandise archive
• Identifying infringements of the Foundation’s intellectual property
• Updating and organizing the Foundation’s legal records and files, which may involve archival research
• Assisting with other miscellaneous tasks as required by the Foundation’s General Counsel, Intellectual Property Manager, and Content Manager
• A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, and at least one year of administrative experience
• Computer literacy in Macintosh OS
• Fluency in written and spoken French is desired
• An interest in the Artist and the Foundation’s activities and Mission as well as an eagerness to learn about art law and intellectual property
• Excellent attention to detail, motivated and eager to pitch in, and able to identify and solve problems with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
• Working hours: M–F 10-am–6pm, onsite office hours are required
Starting salary is $40,000/yr.
Position is supervised by the Calder Foundation’s General Counsel
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS AND NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.