Audain Art Museum: Marketing Coordinator
Become an integral part of the Audain Art Museum (AAM), a 56,000 square foot institution in Whistler, British Columbia. Nestled in the Mountains of British Columbia just two hours north of Vancouver, the Museum, designed by the award-winning architectural firm Patkau Architects, is a must-see cultural experience in Canada’s favorite year-round destination.
The Museum’s Permanent Collection showcases the art of British Columbia from the late 18th century to present. Anchoring the collection is James Hart’s The Dance Screen (The Scream Too), the most significant contemporary carved cedar dance screen in the world. Other highlights include an important collection of 19th and 20th century First Nations masks and works by some of Canada’s most celebrated artists including Emily Carr, E.J. Hughes and the internationally renowned photo-conceptualists Jeff Wall, Stan Douglas and Rodney Graham. In addition to the Permanent Collection displays the Museum hosts Special Exhibitions of art from Canada and around the world.
Position: Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Term: Permanent, full-time (with potential for flexible schedule)
Location: Whistler, British Columbia – Working In-Office at AAM
Responsible for supporting the CMO with administration and implementation of all marketing and communications efforts at the Audain Art Museum including advertising, social media, content creation, media relations, sales, and digital engagement. The Marketing Coordinator is creative, collaborative, and forward-thinking and will provide both technical knowledge and relevant experience to allow the AAM to excel in marketing and communications efforts.
Digital Engagement, Social Media, Content Creation and Technology
• Follow new technologies and proactively ensure that the Museum strives to implement industry best practices with regards to digital experiences, through research, monitoring of activities in the digital cultural space, both national and internationally.
• Collaborate on the creation of engaging content for an array of digital communications channels including Zoom, YouTube, Vimeo, website, email and social media.
• Create content calendar and implement all digital content across prominent social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
• Work with CMO to develop photo and video content internally, including photography and video editing, as well as through working with contractors.
• Manage and track social media analytics, in collaboration with digital agency.
• Coordinate the Museum’s email marketing programs in collaboration with AAM’s digital agency partners, ensuring consistent quality, formatting, tone and voice, while maintaining audiences.
• Develop monthly communications calendar in collaboration with other AAM teams, ensuring campaigns are created and deployed on schedule.
• Compile content for email communications and work with digital agency to design, test, deploy and track email marketing campaigns.
AAM Website and Third-Party Websites
• Work with all areas of the AAM to update website content, including events and operational information, in a timely manner and in alignment with the overall vision of the Museum.
• Update exhibition-related content as information becomes available, including media releases, photography, video content, and sponsorship details.
• Manage and track website analytics, in collaboration with digital agency.
• Maintain online presence on relevant third-party websites including Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), partner organizations and online event listings.
Sales & Marketing Administration
• Support creative development of sales, marketing and sponsorship documents and materials, both print and digital, including copywriting, graphic design and copyediting.
• Support with groups and venue rentals, including facilitating events, tours, and bookings.
• Support with in-resort partnerships including hotel concierge referral programs.
• Expand and oversee the archiving of testimonials, photographs and videos.
• Support CMO with media relations including active media coverage monitoring, reporting and support with press visits to the Museum.
• Represent the AAM at special events as required.
• Manage and maintain the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software where applicable.
• Prepare reports, contracts and other administrative tasks as required.
• All other duties as required.
• Undergraduate degree in related discipline and at least one year of relevant work experience are desirable.
• Ability to manage and deliver against multiple competing priorities, and work well under pressure.
• Excellent time management, problem solving, research and analytical skills.
• Demonstrate ability to work professionally and tactfully with donors, members, the public and coworkers, while representing the AAM with a high level of integrity.
• Present professional image through outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working a flexible schedule to accommodate event coverage, including evenings and weekends.
• High attention to detail.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite – particularly Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
• Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, WordPress, and email marketing systems (preferably MailChimp).
• Experience using online social media platforms and scheduling tools.
• Interest in art and/or museums desirable.
• Live and work between Squamish and Pemberton, with ability to be based in-person at the AAM.
• Criminal record check will be required.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by Friday, January 7 at 5:00pm to: Justine Nichol, Chief Marketing Officer, email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.