Audain Art Museum: Development Officer
Become an integral part of the Audain Art Museum (AAM), a 56,000 square foot institution in Whistler, British Columbia. Located in the Coast Mountains of British Columbia just two hours north of Vancouver, the Museum, designed by the award-winning architectural firm Patkau Architects, is a must-see cultural experience in Canada’s favorite year-round destination.
The Museum’s Permanent Collection showcases the art of British Columbia from the late 18th century to present. Anchoring the collection is James Hart’s The Dance Screen (The Scream Too), the most significant contemporary carved cedar dance screen in the world. Other highlights include an important collection of 19th and 20th century First Nations masks and works by some of Canada’s most celebrated artists including Emily Carr, E.J. Hughes and the internationally renowned photo-conceptualists Jeff Wall, Stan Douglas and Rodney Graham. In addition to the Permanent Collection displays the Museum hosts Special Exhibitions of art from Canada and around the world.
Position: Development Officer
Reporting to: Director & Chief Curator
Hours: 37.5 per week
Term: Permanent, full-time
Location: Lower Mainland, British Columbia (regular travel to Whistler BC as required)
Remuneration: Base salary plus incentives
Reporting to the Director & Chief Curator this full-time role is responsible for securing revenue within the following context: Special Exhibition sponsorships, Engagement Activity sponsorships, growth of the Audain Art Museum Foundation (AAMF) endowment, major donations, planned giving and supporting AAM fundraising events. The incumbent works closely with the Director & Chief Curator, AAM Trustees and the Executive Officer of the AAMF. The position is based in the Lower Mainland with regular travel to Whistler, BC as required.
• Create and implement development strategies including: sponsorships, donations, planned giving, AAMF endowment support, in-kind donations and assists with fundraising events as they relate to organizational priorities, Special Exhibitions and Engagement Activities.
• Build, track, manage and renew all relationships including Corporate and Circle Memberships, individual philanthropists and sponsors, working in collaboration with the AAMF as appropriate.
• Working with the Director & Chief Curator, AAM Trustees and the Executive Officer of the AAMF to develop and implement strategies to deliver on the AAMF endowment goal.
• Create and coordinate communications related to development activities including: sponsorship proposals, agreements, final and internal reporting, annual and planned gifts.
• Research and cultivate prospective sponsors, individual and corporate donors, members and major gifts and assist with identifying revenue targets for budget planning purposes.
• Attend events, receptions and dinners in collaboration with the Director & Chief Curator as they relate to development priorities.
• Assist with development and VIP events and engage the community of supporters to source donations, in-kind contributions and promote ticket sales.
• Formulate and manage development budget.
• Travel may be required.
• Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Sound understanding of development and fundraising principles.
• Network of potential sponsor and donor contacts in the Lower Mainland, BC and Canada.
• Demonstrate excellent rapport with donors, members, volunteers, Board Members and visitors.
• Superb organizational and project management capabilities and a commitment to delivering exceptional service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literacy (Adobe Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Ability to work a varied schedule including occasional travel.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
• Minimum of 3+ years of development experience. Arts experience is an asset.
• Criminal Record Check will be required by the successful candidate.
Applicants are requested to submit their résumé including a cover letter describing their qualifications prior to 5:00pm on Friday, April 2, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ALL APPLICATIONS MAY BE DIRECTED TO
Brianna Beacom, Director of Operations
Subject line: Development Officer Application