Art Matters Foundation : Part-Time Program Associate
Art Matters seeks a Part-Time Program Associate to work closely with the Director and to support the daily operations of the Foundation’s office and programs. Art Matters, a 30-year-old non-profit foundation, supports artists whose work breaks ground aesthetically and socially. Currently, Art Matters awards grants annually and provides ongoing advisory services to grantees. Art Matters is also engaged in advocacy initiatives and partnerships intended to amplify our grantees’ voices in the current social and political climate.
- Coordinating the administrative aspects of the grant program including online nomination and application processes and day to day grantee communication;
- Coordinating the logistics of the annual grant review and board meeting, including travel, accommodations, meals, and media;
- Managing Art Matters’ website and social media (Facebook, Instagram), email newsletter, and any design-related projects;
- Assisting with the administration of events, special projects, and additional programming;
- Ordering office supplies, maintaining equipment, managing the organization’s database and email list;
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of contemporary art and performance; an interest in the mission of Art Matters; and an ability to work and communicate well in a small office setting where flexibility and the ability to multi-task are valued.
- The job requires 2+ years of professional experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and proficiency with Mac OS and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SalesForce, SlideRoom, MailChimp, Adobe Suite or other platforms a plus.
Part-Time, Two days a week.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Includes health benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, and the names and emails of three references. Please, no calls.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2019