Aperture Foundation: Digital Marketing Strategist
Aperture is seeking an innovative and creative Digital Marketing Strategist with strong project management skills to join our close-knit team. The position is responsible for overseeing Aperture’s digital marketing initiatives, managing and maintaining Aperture’s website and SEO, and working closely with the sales and marketing team to shape promotional strategy. This is a management-level position, reporting to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate is passionate about keeping on the pulse of the global online photography and book publishing communities. They will have a history of leading successful digital marketing campaigns, experience with website builds and/or maintenance, a deep understanding of SEO best practice and trends, and strong email marketing experience. The Digital Marketing Strategist’s success will be measured in terms of growth in online sales and traffic, and online audience expansion. Candidate must be flexible, organized, efficient, and a proactive project manager. Candidate must also enjoy working in a small, close-knit team.
KEY SKILL SETS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Website Management and SEO:
• Maintain and improve Aperture’s website in support of sales, audience, and traffic goals
• Work with Executive Director and team to define, price, and manage desirable next stage evolution of Aperture’s website and data management tools
• Project manage updates and bug fixes to Aperture’s website
• Train staff on website updates and best practices
• Improve Aperture’s SEO by following and enforcing best-practice, and staying up-todate with current trends
• Oversee and maintain web department budget, and provide updates and reports to finance department
• Responsible for implementing paid search and social media advertising campaigns
• Measure and improve online advertising strategy to support sales and marketing, brand awareness, and lead generation goals
• Oversee Aperture’s email marketing strategy and calendar
• Manage Aperture’s weekly newsletter and email marketing schedule, including:
o Long-term scheduling for promotion of events, book releases, calls for entry, etc.
o Drafting, routing, and finalizing newsletter and all dedicated sales and departmental emails
• Shape email marketing strategies to improve sales, engagement, and brand awareness, including Aperture’s weekly newsletter, promotional emails, email journeys for purchases, newsletter sign-ups, membership renewals, and more
• Maintain and grow Aperture’s email marketing audience through lead generation and advertising strategies
Metrics and Reporting
• Oversee tracking and measuring relevant online analytics across the organization
• Shape analytics data collection and reporting according to best practice
• Regularly report on metrics weekly, monthly, and as needed across organization
• Advise on social media strategy based on metrics and sales data
• Relevant degree preferred • 3-4 years of experience, preferably in digital strategy and/or marketing
• Proven success planning and executing successful digital marketing campaigns from inception to completion
• Strong communication and organization skills; ability to work with a wide range of internal departments
• Experience maintaining a website and overseeing or project managing website updates and rebuilds
• Strong time management and project management skills, and the ability to meet firm deadlines
• Interest in digital marketing, SEO, and social media trends
• Understanding of HTML, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and WordPress; familiarity with Photoshop and Adobe suite a plus
• Familiarity with e-commerce and social media tools and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Interest in and/or experience with photography, cultural institutions, and other creative communities, in New York and internationally
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and how you heard about this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following conventions:
Subject line: Position Title
Cover letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.pdf
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NO CALLS, PLEASE. Only applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Aperture offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also has generous vacation, sick leave, and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, and a stimulating and collegial work environment. Aperture seeks to build a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes all applications, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, cultural background, disability, age, or religion.