Curatorial Internship Program – Spring 2022
Deadline for Application: 20 March 2022 at 11:59pm
The Curatorial Internship Program offers hands-on experience in the development and organization of a wide range of artistic programs, including exhibitions, performances, film screenings, as well as public programs and other educational initiatives.
Working in close contact with Amant’s curatorial team, the Spring 2022 internship will focus primarily on supporting the archival research and organization of source materials relating to the life and work of Jayne Cortez (1934–2012), the African American poet, performing artist, publisher, and activist who remains widely celebrated for her political, surrealist, and dynamic innovations in language, lyricism, and visceral sound. This is in preparation for the exhibition Jayne Cortez: A Poet’s Guide to the World, September 15, 2023 – January 8, 2024.
Requirements and Qualifications
- This internship is open to undergraduate, graduate, and recent graduate students in a relevant discipline (history, art history, studio arts, cultural studies, liberal arts, and related subjects).
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience working with and organizing archival documents.
- A strong desire to build a career in the arts, as well as a keen interest in and understanding of Amant’s artistic program, mission, and values is essential.
- Knowledge and interest in the Black Arts Movement is preferred.
- Candidates must have strong communication and writing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
It is the responsibility of applicants to retrieve information from their school concerning possible academic credit.
All interns will be paid a stipend of $18 per hour with a schedule determined by the intern’s supervisor.
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with the subject line ‘Amant Spring 2022 Curatorial Intern _ First Name _ Last Name’ with a cover letter and resume as well as the name and contact information for two references in a single PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is March 20th, 2022 at 11:59pm.
Amant will contact only those applicants they are interested in interviewing via email.